Wednesday 1 September 2010

It's Not The Winning..



Last Sunday saw a rare opportunity for me to take part in the Wheelers Lane Annual Allotment Show. Generally we are off doing something else on the August Bank Holiday, so it's been a few years since I took part.

Now, I know that I haven't had a lot of spare time to lavish on my veg this year, but I was secretly hoping that I might scoop a couple of prizes.. My veg were HOPELESS! Not a single placing. Oh well, I'll just have to do better next year. However, I was consoled by a not-too-shabby second place for my plum jam.

Holiday Monday turned out to be a corker of a day, with a group visit to the Malvern Flea Market. I found some choice items, and had a grand old time. Kings Heath should put a coach trip on next time, there were loads of B14ers wandering around!

No comments:

Post a Comment