Thursday 23 June 2011

Gardener's World

Last week I trolleyed along to my most local of the big garden shows- 'Gardener's World Live'. I've been every year for quite a long while, and I always come back a good few quid lighter.
The RHS marquee is always great. Lots of nurseries making a spectacular effort to show their plants to their very, very best. I was really impressed with the Pennards plant display, laid out like a traditional veg patch, with recipe suggestions for each variety. I also liked this tin can idea on one of the outdoor showgardens:
 I bought two new Pelargoniums from Fibrex Nursery (a firm favourite, I have a soft spot for species and scented leaf pels). Also Cephalaria Gigantea, (a huge lanky scabious type flower), Mathiasella 'Green Dream', and a lovely, twisty veronicastrum (I walked past Linda Barker, she said my veronicastrum was nice!).

The new plants got me thinking about the garden layout. I haven't really got to grips with this garden yet, despite being in this 'new' house for a good 18 months now. Stan has been leaping around and generally dashing about in the area that was to be my 'long border', so my ideas are changing rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment